Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 17 in Nagamine


Hey hey,
Oh my goodness. This week was crazy. It all started Tuesday. So we've had a little mold problem in our apartment for a while. (Our apartment has been rumored to be the sisters apartment for over 15-20 years??) so it's a crazy old apartment, and with Shimai coming in and out every couple of transfers it just isn't taken very good care of. So on Tuesday we got to go apartment hunting! Which was really fun. We went with this agent person who took us to different apartments and we got to choose which one we liked. It was way fun. After as she was dropping us off I look over to where my bike is (and pause for a second, back story. We have gotten into a game of messing with the elders bikes just like moving the seat, putting it backwards and they do it to us. It's like an on going prank.) and I look over to my bike and see this: 
 My bike was hanging from the ceiling by my bike lock! I started freaking out a little and then the lady who came with us to apartment hunting started laughing and taking pictures of me with the bike
It was way funny, but it's okay cuz I got them back. Anyway, after that happened we got all the Nagamine and Kumamoto missionaries together and put together a dance for our talent show in eikaiwa which was really fun. I love the missionaries I get to be around. They are all so much fun and so amazing. Then Wednesday we had the talent show and Sister Willson from my doki came down from Beppu and got to stay with us that night because we had a taikai (conference) with Elder Yamashita of the area 70. The conference was good. The Nagamine missionaries sang at it (me and my companion and the elders) which was fine, but then after they asked us to do a role play in front of everyone (like 70-80 missionaries) which ended up being a complete disaster because I forgot the first vision in Japanese! Oh man. It was so bad. But it's okay, because now I'll never forget it again! Anyway. It has been a way fun week even though we were so crazy busy with everyone we didn't have a ton of time to do lessons. 
Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't been sharing a lot of spiritual experiences lately!! This week I was studying the talk "Stay by the Tree" by Kevin W. Pearson in last April conference. Oh my goodness it is such a good talk. This is one of my favorite parts
Lehis message is to stay by the tree. We stay because we are converted unto the Lord. Alma taught, Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. As we yield our hearts to God, the Holy Ghost changes our very natures, we become deeply converted unto the Lord, and we no longer seek the spacious building. If we stop doing those things that bring about deepening conversion, we regress spiritually. Apostasy is the reverse of conversion. 
It's the small and simple things that completely changes us. But we need to do things that will allow him into lives. I know Heavenly Father can help us become the person we want to become. We had to remember Him and put our faith in Him and any and all things are possible!! 
Have a great week!
Love
White Shimai
P.S. If my English is weird, I am stuck half way between Japanese and English right now and I can't tell if some of the sentences make sense. I hope they do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment