Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 5 in the MTC

Konichiwa! Do Deskuka?! Watashi wa genki desu :) 

My Japanese skills are just so amazing, I know. 
I also finally figured out how to send out e-mails to everyone on my contact list (so sorry if this is the first e-mail your getting from me... technologically challenged. The rest of my e-mails should be on my blog.)

So you know how last week I said that nothing really exciting was happening anymore and everyday was just becoming very.. unexciting? Well, last p-day, right after I e-mailed, we had a MAJOR thing happen in our district. We had to have an emergency companion transfer. Which, in the MTC is actually very unusual. Apparently in one of the other districts in our zone (there are 3 districts in our zone) had a companionship... that was not doing so well. Things started getting really bad that it was affecting their whole zone and they weren't able to learn, so Sister Willson and Sister Cary had to be split up so one of the girls could come to our district and Sister Cary had to go to the other district. It was actually very dramatic. Things are doing really well now though! We love Sister Smith who came into our district, she is the sweetest. 

Other than the district change, things really are very quiet here in the MTC. Lots of construction, just like it is in the summer in Utah (only inside the MTC). We are learning so much, each week I look back and feel like I haven't learned a lot, but then I compare my lessons from before to now and it is just a HUGE difference. We used to take language notes into our lessons translating sentences from English to Japanese, but this week we decided that we weren't going to take any notes whatsoever into our lessons and it is unbelievable the difference it has made. In our lessons and in our Nihango. I feel so comfortable doing lessons, and although we still don't understand everything they are saying, I'm amazed at what I can understand through body language and what I receive from the Spirit. I'm so grateful to be stretched so much! It's definitely hard, but I am learning things so much faster and so much more than I would if I wasn't being pushed and stretched. I have one sensei (teacher) here who I swear has seen every side of me. I have cried and gotten so frustrated at him, and he is possibly the sweetest person I have ever met. He pushes me more than he probably thinks he does, but it is so amazing what it helps me accomplish. 

Another thing that I noticed a lot this week, was how much I just absolutely LOVE the scriptures. I'm obsessed. If I had time I would read them for hours. I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon since I've been here, which is definitely the fastest I've ever read the Book of Mormon haha. 

This morning we went to the temple really early and we were just walking out of the dressing rooms when this little old lady sees that there are a whole bunch of sister missionaries and runs over to us and starts telling us all these cute little stories. Oh my gosh, it was so cute. I was watching her and I noticed that she still had a curler in her hair from getting ready! Finally a sister who was working asked her if she could move it outside because she had us all surrounding her and we were blocking everyone going in and out of the dressing room. She was the cutest little old lady ever. 

Also, I've noticed that in a lot of my letters and in my journal writings I have been dating everything June ... I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's July and that I'm turning 24 NEXT WEEK. That just seems crazy to me. I think since I'm around a whole bunch of 18 and 19 year olds I've started to act younger haha. 

Anyway, I just love it here. There are days where I am so frustrated with the language, or my companion, or how immature the chorotachi (elders) are, but honestly at the end of the day, every single day I am so grateful to be here. 

Thank you for your support! I love you all!!

Aishiteimasu!

Sis White


No comments:

Post a Comment